The Adult Workshop Series is scattered throughout the year. Often these workshops are a way to explore certain techniques and improve skills, or to try an introduction sampler of one of our longer 6-12 week courses, which run in the autumn/winter terms. Some workshops such as public-speaking are geared towards non-actors.
Our summer series consists of workshops sets of 2 nights on each subject. This is so that more in-depth work can be continued on the second night with the same group of people, after a one day break. Please do not book unless you are available for both classes.
Each workshop set is only €65 with discounts for multiple workshops or “bring a friend”.
Beginner Level / All Levels Welcome Workshops
Intro to Public Speaking: 16 & 18 July, Mon & Wed, 7-9pm (Ref:WA)
Intro to Drama for Fun: 17 & 19 July, Tue & Thur, 7-9pm (Ref: WB)
Intro to Screenwriting: 24 & 26 July, Tue & Thur, 7-9:30pm (Ref: WC)
Intro to Improvisation: 30 July & 1 Aug, Mon & Wed, 7-9pm (Ref: WD)
Intro to Acting for Camera: 31 July & 2 Aug, Tue & Thur, 7-9pm (Ref: WE)
For english learners we have our Learn English Through Drama option: 16-20 July, Mon to Fri, 2-5pm | €180 (Workshop discount not available on this course)
Experienced/Improver Level options:
Intro to Stella Adler Script Work: 20 & 22 Aug, Mon & Wed, 7-9:30pm (Ref: WF)
Acting for Camera Scenework: 21 & 23 Aug, Tue & Thur, 7-9:30pm (Ref: WH)
Building Character Based Stories: 27 & 29 Aug, Mon & Wed, 7-9:30pm (Ref: WI)
Directing Actors for Film: 28 & 30 August, Tue & Thur, 7-9:30pm (Ref: WJ)
As part of our ongoing commitment to the quality of your experience, class size is limited:
- 12 students maximum for any acting/voice workshops
- 10 student maximum for experienced level on-Camera classes, public speaking for non-actors and some other experienced level classes.
The particular master instructor will listed by subject. Please see Our Artist-Facilitators for a full bio on each instructor. In the event of illness we reserve the right to replace the instructor listed with one of equal or higher qualifications.
Workshops are held either at the Acting Studio on the Top floor inFlying Turtle Productions. They are held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings at either 7-9pm or 9:30pm as indicated. Full summer schedule 2018 (pdf), with date/times (pdf)
Fees are based on a two evening workshop set, so each workshop set is only €65. However, if you buy more than one workshop set the price is discounted!
One workshop set is €65, two sets is €120 and three sets is only €150! Bring a friend and you can purchase two sets for the same workshop at the discounted price! (One buyer can purchase a second set for a friend at the discounted price)
Workshop fees are payable in full within 3 days of reservation. Click here for details on payment options and how to reserve.
Terms and Conditions for Summer Workshop Series:
In order to provide the quality and variety of workshops that are offered at the most reasonable fee, we must insist on the following terms for all reservations and payments:
- Payment in full is required within 3 days of reservation, no changes for any circumstances once payment is received. Full payment options are noted on the reservations page.
- This summer all of the workshops are sold as sets, please do not book unless you are available for BOTH classes in that set. No refunds or credit is available if you miss a class.
- You are responsible for attending and keeping track of the schedule (Sorry, but reminder texts will not be sent).
- We reserve the right to use a substitute teacher with equal or better qualifications if an instructor needs to cancel. If we cannot find an appropriate substitute you will be refunded in full or offered the option of applying the credit to another workshop at your choice.
- The experienced instructors assure the safest possible working situations, however, each student participates at their own risk. All students will be engaging in various degrees of physical activity depending on the level of the workshop. Some workshops noted as ‘Movement’ workshops can be physically demanding. Please dress appropriately, remove any jewellery, bring a liquid to drink, and engage within your own level of comfort and safety. Please notify the instructor if you have any previous injuries or medical conditions, and they will allow for a modification in the work to suit you.
- We will keep the workshop class size small with a maximum of 10 students for an on-camera class, 12 students per acting/voice workshop, and 16 students for a movement workshop, in order to provide the highest level of tuition. (Movement workshops benefit from larger numbers of students due to the nature of the work.)
- Unfortunately, sometimes a workshop must be cancelled if there is not sufficient enrolment. If Flying Turtle Productions cancels you will be refunded in full, or if you wish to use the credit towards another workshop/course that is also an option provided that space is available.
Workshops are for adults only or occasionally a teen by special permission. See our youth drama options for younger people!