THE 2018 Adult Summer Workshop series is being finalised. Sign-up to our mailing list to be the first to receive updates.
About the Adult Workshop Series
The Adult Workshop Series is scattered throughout the year, with the summer months being entirely devoted to one and two night workshops only. Workshops are for adults only or occasionally a teen by special permission. See our youth drama options.
Most summer workshops are in a set of 2 nights on a particular subject, so that more in depth work could be continued on the second night with the same group of people. (Exceptions would be the 3-night Drama Sampler, and the one-night Alexander Technique or Public Speaking Intensive).
We are offering 12 possible workshop combinations for various levels of experience. Some workshops such as “Public Speaking” are geared towards non-actors.
Beginner Level options
Drama Sampler, Intro to Acting for Camera, Intro to Improvisation, Adult Drama for Fun, Public Speaking, Intro to Screenwriting)
Experienced/Improver Level options
Intro to Stage Combat, Expanding Physical and Vocal Expression, Laban Movement for Actors, Stella Adler – Script to Life, Michael Chekhov, and more!
As always the class size is limited to:
- 12 students maximum for any acting/voice classes
- 10 student maximum for On-Camera classes
- 20 students maximum for a movement class, as the students benefit with a larger number in those movement classes)
The particular master instructor will listed by subject. Please see Our Artist-Facilitators for a full bio on each instructor. In the event of illness we reserve the right to replace the instructor listed with one of equal or higher qualifications.
Workshops are held either at the Acting Studio on the Top floor inFlying Turtle Productions, 27 Pearse Street or at the LAB on Foley Street. They are held on Monday-Thursday evenings at either 6:30-9:00pm OR 7:00-9:30/9:00pm as indicated. The exception is the Saturday Public Speaking Intensive
TBC, payable in full within 3 days of reservation.
Terms and Conditions for Summer Workshop Series:
In order to provide the quality and variety of workshops that are offered at the most reasonable fee, we must insist on the following terms for all reservations and payments:
- Payment in full is required within 3 days of reservation, no changes for any circumstances once payment is received. Full payment options are noted on the “Adult Reservations”
- This summer most of the workshops are sold as SETS, please do not book unless you are available for ALL classes in that set. No refunds or credit is available if you miss a class.
- You are responsible for attending and keeping track of the schedule (Sorry, but no more “reminder texts”) and be careful not to double book two workshops on the same date!
- We reserve the right to use a substitute teacher with equal or better qualifications if an instructor needs to cancel. If we cannot find an appropriate substitute you will be refunded in full or offered the option of applying the credit to another workshop at your choice.
- The experienced instructors assure the safest possible working situations, however, each students participates at their own risk. All students will be engaging in various degrees of physical activity depending on the level of the workshop. Some workshops noted as “Movement” workshops will be physically demanding. Please dress appropriately, remove any jewelry, bring a liquid to drink, and engage within your own level of comfort and safety. Please notify the instructor if you have any previous injuries or medical conditions, and they will allow for a modification in the work to suit you.
- We will keep the workshop class size small with a maximum of 10 students for an on-camera class, 12 students per acting/voice workshop, and 20 students for a movement workshop, in order to provide the highest level of tuition. (Movement workshops benefit from larger numbers of students due to the nature of the work.)
- Unfortunately, sometimes a workshop must be cancelled if there is not sufficient enrolment. If the Abbey School cancels you will be refunded in full, or if you wish to use the credit towards another workshop/course that is also an option provided space is available.
Sign-up to our mailing list to receive updates on our workshop series.