THE 2017 ADULT SUMMER WORKSHOP SERIES IS CURRENTLY BEING REVISED DUE TO PRODUCTION CONFLICTS. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTACT US TO EXPRESS INTEREST AND RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF THE FINAL SCHEDULE. AUTUMN COURSES ARE NOW RESERVING.
About the Adult Workshop Series
The Adult Workshop Series is scattered throughout the year, with the summer months being entirely devoted to one and two night workshops only. Workshops are for adults only or occasionally a teen by special permission. There click here for YOUTH DRAMA.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR OUR CURRENT SCHEDULE AND LINKS WITH MORE CONTENT DETAIL BY SUBJECT.
Most summer workshops are in a set of 2 nights on a particular subject, so that more in depth work could be continued on the second night with the same group of people. (Exceptions would be the 3-night Drama Sampler, and the one-night Alexander Technique or Public Speaking Intensive). We are offering 12 possible workshop combinations for various levels of experience from BEGINNER LEVEL OPTIONS (Drama Sampler, Intro to Acting for Camera, Intro to Improvisation, Adult Drama for Fun, Public Speaking, Intro to Screenwriting) …OR EXPERIENCED/IMPROVER LEVEL OPTIONS such as Intro to Stage Combat, Expanding Physical and Vocal Expression, Laban Movement for Actors, Stella Adler – Script to Life, Michael Chekhov, and more! Some workshops such as “Public Speaking” are geared towards non-actors.
As always the class size is limited to: 12 students maximum for any acting/voice classes, only 10 student maximum for On-Camera classes, and 20 students maximum for a movement class (as the students benefit with a larger number in those movement classes) Reservations for any workshop “Set” must be taken in its entirety and cannot be taken individually. Due to the high volume of course options offered at a reduced rate, there can be no credit or refund for missed classes.
The particular master instructor is listed by the subject. Please see the web page for a full bio on each instructor at: Our Artist-Facilitators. In the event of illness we reserve the right to replace the instructor listed with one of equal or higher qualifications.
Workshops are held either at the Acting Studio on the 2nd floor in the Abbey School of Music & Drama, 9b Abbey Street Lower (At the Luas Stop and above O’Brien’s Sandwiches), OR at the LAB on Foley Street in the Workshop #1 on 2nd floor as indicated. They are held on Monday-Thursday evenings at either 6:30-9:00pm OR 7:00-9:30/9:00pm as indicated. The exception is the Saturday Public Speaking Intenisive
€30-€90 As noted on the chart, and payable in full within 3 days of reservation. Please see reservation form for full payment options and TERMS AND CONDITIONS below the chart.
PLEASE “CLICK” THE COURSE NAME IN ORDER TO RECEIVE MORE DETAILS ON WORKSHOP CONTENT, OR ON THE ARTIST/FACILITATOR NAME FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THEIR EXPERIENCE.
If you have any difficulty viewing this schedule please click here to Contact Us.
2017 Adult Workshop Schedule is under revision due to production conflicts.
A: Drama Sampler,
TO RESERVE: IF YOU WISH TO RESERVE OR INQUIRE FOR AVAILABILITY PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTACT US WITH A REQUEST ONCE YOU HAVE REVIEWED THE SCHEDULE AND “TERMS AND CONDITIONS” OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +353 86 824 4826. We will send you a reservation form, and payment in full for workshops is due within 3 business days.
ADDITIONAL LONGER COURSE OPTIONS WILL RETURN IN AUTUMN /SPRING.
SEE COURSE OPTIONS FOR AUTUMN/WINTER/SPRING BY CLICKING HERE: Overiew about Adult Courses
Terms and Conditions for Summer Workshop Series:
In order to provide the quality and variety of workshops that are offered at the most reasonable fee, we must insist on the following terms for all reservations and payments:
- Payment in full is required within 3 days of reservation, no changes for any circumstances once payment is received. Full payment options are noted on the “Adult Reservations”
- This summer most of the workshops are sold as SETS, please do not book unless you are available for ALL classes in that set. No refunds or credit is available if you miss a class.
- You are responsible for attending and keeping track of the schedule (Sorry, but no more “reminder texts”) and be careful not to double book two workshops on the same date!
- We reserve the right to use a substitute teacher with equal or better qualifications if an instructor needs to cancel. If we cannot find an appropriate substitute you will be refunded in full or offered the option of applying the credit to another workshop at your choice.
- The experienced instructors assure the safest possible working situations, however, each students participates at their own risk. All students will be engaging in various degrees of physical activity depending on the level of the workshop. Some workshops noted as “Movement” workshops will be physically demanding. Please dress appropriately, remove any jewelry, bring a liquid to drink, and engage within your own level of comfort and safety. Please notify the instructor if you have any previous injuries or medical conditions, and they will allow for a modification in the work to suit you.
- We will keep the workshop class size small with a maximum of 10 students for an on-camera class, 12 students per acting/voice workshop, and 20 students for a movement workshop, in order to provide the highest level of tuition. (Movement workshops benefit from larger numbers of students due to the nature of the work.)
- Unfortunately, sometimes a workshop must be cancelled if there is not sufficient enrolment. If the Abbey School cancels you will be refunded in full, or if you wish to use the credit towards another workshop/course that is also an option provided space is available.