Kathleen Warner Yeates has worked directing over 50 theatre productions for ages 5 to 75, and has worked for over 30 years in various universities, clubs, drama schools, and professional productions. She trained in Kutztown University and earned a 4 year BFA degree in Related Arts & Theatre. She then attended the 2 year Masters program for directing and acting as a Graduate Assistant at Villanova University, PA, and has been directing, acting, teaching, devising writing and theatre making ever since.
Most recent work:
Directed and devised “Creative Choices” an original performance with music, with 8 adult actors in advanced training which performed at The Pearse Centre Theatre March 2018.
– Directed Orson Welles Christmas Carol for AboutFACE Theatre Company, a professional company performing at The New Theatre, Temple Bar and The Whale Theatre in Greystones. Cast of 7 performed to critical acclaim as the Irish Times Critic’s Choice by Sarah Keating.
REVIEWS for Orson Welles Christmas Carol:
“Kathleen Warner Yeates’s production is an absorbing success … they present a condensed and atmospheric version of the story that hits all the critical points of emotional transformation and seasonal joy. There is the added pleasure of the studio setting and watching the actors ‘resting’ between roles …” Sarah Keating, Business Post.
“... All of which director Kathleen Warner Yeates composes with a meticulously detailed finesse, and presents with some fine pacing.” – Chris O’Rourke, The Arts Review
– Directed The Love Electric, a two character comedy for the Seen & Heard festival performing at Smock Alley.
– Directed Hot Property, rehearsed reading of a 4 character comedy for the Seen & Heard festival at Smock Alley.
– Directed and devised Missing, a drama with 9 actors performed at the Pearse Centre Theatre, Dublin in March
– Directed and devised a Doctor, Who Did It, a murder mystery for teens peformed at The New Theatre, Temple Bar.
– Conceived and directed a site-specific Film Noir live encounter, Culture Night Noir with 13 actors performed the week of Culture Night at the Ireland Institute and Pearse Centre Theatre, 13 performances to a sold out audience.
– Directed a site specific scripted Christmas spectacle performance, Santa’s Magical Trail with 13 different set marquees and 64 characters on the grounds of the Clannard Court Hotel, Athy, Ireland.
-Directed and devised for the Abbey National Theatre 5×5 project for Pavee Point Travellers Primary Health Care Project which was performed at the Peacock Theatre, Dublin, 2018
– Directed and devised “The Other Side” an original performance with music, with 11 actors and one musician. Performed at The Pearse Centre Theatre March 2018.
– Directed the 6-Month Actor Training performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream and contemporary scenes at the New Theatre, Temple Bar.
-Wrote and Directed a performance featuring 5 actors for Microsoft International Woman’s Day.
– Directed and devised “Between the Cracks” an original theatre piece with 13 actors performed at the Pearse Centre Theatre in Ireland Institute in March 2017.
– Conceived, wrote and directed “Margaret Pearse & Company” a site-specific performance piece with 11 actors and 2 musicians, performed in the historic home of Padriag Pearse and the Pearse Centre Theatre in January 2017.
A full history is being compiled and will be added here soon.
For more information please Contact Us