Kathleen Warner Yeates has worked directing over 50 theatre productions for ages 5 to 75, and has worked for over 30 years in various universities, clubs, drama schools, and professional productions. She trained in Kutztown University and earned a 4 year BFA degree in Related Arts & Theatre. She then attended the 2 year Masters program for directing and acting as a Graduate Assistant at Villanova University, PA, and has been directing, acting, teaching, devising writing and theatre making ever since.
Most recent work:
– Directed Orson Welles Christmas Carol for AboutFACE Theatre Company, a professional company performing at The New Theatre, Temple Bar and The Whale Theatre in Greystones. Cast of 7 performed to critical acclaim as the Irish Times Critic’s Choice by Sarah Keating.
REVIEW: “... All of which director Kathleen Warner Yeates composes with a meticulously detailed finesse, and presents with some fine pacing.” – Chris O’Rourke, The Arts Review
– Directed The Love Electric, a two character comedy for the Seen & Heard festival performing at Smock Alley.
– Directed Hot Property, rehearsed reading of a 4 character comedy for the Seen & Heard festival at Smock Alley.
– Directed and devised Missing, a drama with 9 actors performed at the Pearse Centre Theatre, Dublin in March
– Directed and devised a Doctor, Who Did It, a murder mystery for teens peformed at The New Theatre, Temple Bar.
– Conceived and directed a site-specific Film Noir live encounter, Culture Night Noir with 13 actors performed the week of Culture Night at the Ireland Institute and Pearse Centre Theatre, 13 performances to a sold out audience.
– Directed a site specific scripted Christmas spectacle performance, Santa’s Magical Trail with 13 different set marquees and 64 characters on the grounds of the Clannard Court Hotel, Athy, Ireland.
-Directed and devised for the Abbey National Theatre 5×5 project for Pavee Point Travellers Primary Health Care Project which was performed at the Peacock Theatre, Dublin, 2018
– Directed and devised “The Other Side” an original performance with music, with 11 actors and one musician. Performed at The Pearse Centre Theatre March 2018.
– Directed the 6-Month Actor Training performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream and contemporary scenes at the New Theatre, Temple Bar.
-Wrote and Directed a performance featuring 5 actors for Microsoft International Woman’s Day.
A full history is being compiled and will be added here soon.
For more information please Contact Us